Sometimes to compose a simple 5 paragraph essay is as difficult for students as to create a thesis. It may happen so because writing skills leave much to be desired. However, regular practice can change this situation to better very quickly. So, if you don’t know how to cope with your written academic assignments, this post will be very helpful for you.
Table of Contents
A 5 Paragraph Essay Outlinehe very first thing that one should learn to compose any paper is an outline. A 5 paragraph essay outline is rather simple for each person, even if he or she is not good with words.
In general, a 5 paragraph essay template should include one paragraph for an introduction, three paragraphs to express the main thought, and one paragraph for a conclusion. Don’t forget that an introduction should contain a thesis statement at the end of the paragraph so that three main paragraphs support and disclose the main thought. Although this structure is very plain, inexperienced freshmen may have some problems with it.
How to Write a 5 Paragraph Essay: a Step-by-Step Guideou don’t know how to cope with this assignment quickly, here is a short and simple guide that will be useful for you:
- Choose the topic. If your professor doesn’t give you any topic for a paper, you should create it on your own. In general, it is much easier to compose a text about something familiar to you. So, think about this point.
- Put everything down. Try to note down all your thoughts and feelings connected with the subject of your assignment. It will help you to organize your “stream of consciousness,” that can be a nice source to create a paper and get an “A” grade for it.
- Create a thesis statement. It should point out the subject and the main idea of your composition and provides readers with the information on what you are writing. Therefore, try to express this idea in one statement.
- Make an outline. Create a short skeleton of your composition and try to follow it from the very beginning up to the end. In this case, the text of your paper will have a strong logical coherence that is important for all academic assignments.
- Follow the structure. By this time, you already know how many paragraphs you should write. In addition, you know that each paragraph is a separate part. Therefore, try not to mix them up.
- Start with an introduction. What to do, if you don’t know how to make the introduction? The introduction is the essential part of your paper. Try to follow recommendations of talented authors. They suggest two ways of creation of this part: note down everything that is coming to your head or just put it aside. In the first variant, you should act as well as in the variant of brainstorming: note down everything, even full nonsense because such style of writing may help you to find some necessary thoughts, and all the rest you may just eliminate from the fair copy of the work. Otherwise, you may start working on the body paragraphs and the conclusion of your assignment and create a suitable introduction further. Maybe it will be easier to do the introductory part of your composition later when you see the central part of the piece of writing.
- Find strong arguments. The body paragraphs of your text must include the arguments supporting the idea expressed in the thesis statement. Try to find three arguments following the rule “one argument – one paragraph.”
- The order of arguments. To make a nice paper, you should choose strong arguments only. However, what to do if you don’t have so many strong arguments? Try to place your arguments so that the strongest one is given in the first body paragraph, and the weakest – in the last body paragraph. Such order of resenting the arguments looks the most convincing, and it is approved both by psychologists and the experienced speakers.
- Write a conclusion. If you have some difficulties with conclusion writing and you have enough time you may just put it aside and re-read what you have already written. A small respite will help you to make a right conclusion.
- Revise a text. Revision is highly important if you want to have an “A” grade. Therefore, try to find enough time to revise your text, or ask someone else to do it. In general, it is much better to revise everything in the morning after a good night’s rest because you will have a fresh eye.
- Get professional help. It may happen so that you will not have enough time not only to revise a text but also to create it on your own. This situation is considered a typical one because many students have to combine work with studies just to earn money and to pay tuition. Therefore, professional writing help is a good way out of the trap if you are sick and tired because of the constant lack of time. All you should do is just register at the site and make your first order. Further on, you can relax because professional writers will do everything instead of you. As a result, you will have an “A” grade paper.
Hopefully, you will cope with your 5 paragraph essay with the help of our guideline. In general, academic writing is not so difficult if you know the basic rules and follow them.